If you are thinking about an oral surgery to have a tooth extracted, then you have come to the right place! Oral surgery is a specialty requiring extra training and focus on the procedure. Luckily, our team is equipped to handle oral surgery and is happy to help you with the information you need to know, including the recovery process.
Our doctors, Dr. Brent Murphy & Associates, is excited to help you with your oral surgical needs. Furthermore, our team at Pine Ridge Dental in Lincoln, Nebraska, has prepared some tips to help you through the recovery process.
Here is a brief list of what to keep in mind as you recover from oral surgery:
– Rest well. Try to get plenty of rest so your body can heal right. Rest is the key to healing and allowing yourself proper time to recover before bouncing back too soon into your daily life.
– Heed your doctor about after-care instructions and tips on what to expect. Listen to your doctor’s advice on all directions to receive the best results after surgery.
– Go to your next appointments. These meetings are intended to make sure you are healing correctly and avoiding infections. If you miss these appointments, you are placing yourself at risk for delays or complications in your recovery.
– Keep clear of alcohol and tobacco use during the healing process. The reason for this is because it can interfere with your medications and hinder your health. Tobacco can cause complications because it slows down the healing period. It is always best to eradicate all tobacco habits.
– Before your surgery be sure to ask your doctor what food and drink restrictions you may have to prepare yourself beforehand.
– Take suggested medications to avoid infections and help with pain that your doctor may give you.
If you follow your doctor’s directions, then you will be doing everything you can to make a full recovery. If you have questions about the procedure, or if you have questions about the recovery process, please call us today at 402-423-1100 to make an appointment with a professional member of our team. We are happy to help you with the process.