Is your smile being guarded against toothaches? A toothache refers to discomfort produced when nerves within your pulp, located in the roots of your teeth, are damaged. This may be the result of an infection, an oral accident or injury, bad oral hygiene, or tooth loss including extractions, and in some cases, the pain may be felt in the mouth, face, ear, and jaw.
You should seek treatment and visit a dentist if any of the following problems transpire:
– A tooth has been forcibly knocked out due to misfortune or blunt trauma.
– High fevers or chills that stay may be an indication of a toothache.
– Wisdom teeth continue to cause pain when erupting above the gum line, causing swelling.
– Severe pain continues for longer than 24 hours after a tooth has been extracted.
– Facial rashes that cannot be easily explained or linked to another ailment.
– You have redness in your face or have a fever which may be the result of an abscess or noticeable discharge that can be seen or felt around a tooth.
– Aches are present even after using over-the-counter medications.
If you suffer from a toothache, contact Pine Ridge Dental at 402-423-1100. To schedule an oral examination with Dr. Brent Murphy and our team at our orthodontic office in Lincoln, Nebraska, please contact us at your earliest convenience. It’s never too late to start taking steps to a healthier you.