Do you work hard or strive for a beautiful and healthy smile? If so, you are not alone. Thousands of people want a healthy and beautiful smile, and part of that comes from remembering to take care of your dental tools. These tools include your toothbrush.
Your toothbrush is a key to oral health. Your toothbrush washes away plaque and bacteria from your teeth and along the gumline. If you do not care for your toothbrush, you could be putting your oral health at risk. That is why our team is happy to give you these tips for caring for your toothbrush all year round. These tips include:
– Try to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or earlier if necessary. Children’s toothbrushes need to be replaced more often.
– Always use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Toothbrushes with hard bristles can damage your gums.
– Don’t let toothbrushes touch or come into contact with one another, as this can cause cross-contamination.
– Look for toothbrushes that are ADA-approved with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Always keep your toothbrush clean and stored in an upright position.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and shape, so it can fit into your mouth easily and reach all areas for cleaning efficiently.
– Always be sure to keep your toothbrush in a fresh air environment and avoid keeping it in closed containers.
– Do not use or share toothbrushes from someone else.
A clean toothbrush is imperative for a clean mouth. If you have any questions or concerns or need to book an exam or professional cleaning, contact your dentist at Pine Ridge Dental. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Brent Murphy, please call us at 402-423-1100, or visit our office in Lincoln, Nebraska. We look forward to making your smile even better this holiday season!