Our dentists at Pine Ridge Dental restore broken, cracked, or decayed teeth with long-lasting, natural-looking ceramic restorations in a single visit using CEREC® technology. This advanced CAD-CAM technology utilizes a scanner to acquire an image of your prepared tooth and a computer designs your dental restoration. A milling machine is then used to create restorations including full crowns, inlays, onlays, and veneers.
The CEREC technique has many advantages for our patients:
- The restoration is constructed while you are in the dental chair, so no return visit is necessary.
- No temporary restoration or crown is necessary.
- Tooth-colored ceramic blends well with your natural teeth and is virtually undetectable.
- An “optical impression,” or picture, is used for design and construction, so no messy impression is needed.
- Bonded ceramic strengthens your tooth to minimize the possibility of further breakage.
- This procedure is ideal for most large silver filling replacements.
- A single tooth and even multiple teeth can be restored in a single appointment.
Our dentists are eager to provide you with a more comfortable, efficient dental experience with the help of CEREC technology. We invite you to contact our dental office today to learn more about the advantages of CEREC in Lincoln, Nebraska, and to schedule your next visit with our friendly team.